The Peoples Powerhouse – Doncaster Rovers Football Ground
New date of Wednesday 12th of July, 2017. 10am ’til 4pm
After careful consideration we have decided to push this event back slightly so it can take place after the General Election, rather than on 9 May as originally planned. By doing so we are perfectly timed to be a unifying event bringing people together, helping shape the Northern Powerhouse debate and supporting the creation of a North that works for everybody.
Please note: Delegate bookings will remain valid for the new date of 12 July. If you still wish to attend on the new date you do not need to do anything. However should you now choose not to attend you should go back to your Eventbrite booking and ask for a refund, or email email@example.com if you need assistance.
The Northern Powerhouse plans and narrative have focused more on transport, infrastructure and business than skills, jobs, the environment, happier and healthier people and communities. Numerous studies including from the Joseph Rowntree Foundation and RSA have shown that it does not follow that everyone in the community benefits from strong local or regional economic growth. By focusing mainly on physical or economic growth we will miss the opportunity to transform lives for the better in the North of England.
Our aim is to bring about a step change in the debate, sharing our expertise and putting people and communities at the heart of Powerhouse plans, not at the periphery.
The Convention brings together practitioners, policy makers, opinion formers, local people and stakeholders. We will share best practice, debate policy and share what’s working.
- Dame Louise Casey CB, Director General, Casey Review Team
- Melanie Dawes, Permanent Secretary for DCLG
- Peter Holbrook, CEO Social Enterprise UK
- Karen Finlayson, PWC
- Atif Shafique, RSA, Inclusive Growth
- Alice Webb, BBC North
- Ed Cox, IPPR North
- Fay Selvan, Big Life Group (Big Issue North)
- Jo Miller, President, SOLACE and Chief Executive Doncaster Council
- Neil McInroy, CLES
18 Confirmed workshops include:
- Universal Basic Income a pilot for the North? RSA and RSA Scotland
- How do we Take Back Control of the Northern Powerhouse? IPPR North, the Democratic Society
- Do we really need 5 GCSE’s to be a good employee? Talent Match, GMCVO
- Using behavioural insights to transform skills and employment support, Behavioural Insights Team North
- Community Led Housing, the Empty Homes Doctor, Leeds City Council
- Pink Pounds and Empowering People, Sahir House and Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group
- and others including Happen CIC, the Collective Partnership Oldham, Groundwork, Common Purpose, Universities of Manchester and Liverpool, and more……see Eventbrite!
Supporters (pro bono and other) including:
- Plus Dane Housing
- Society of Local Authority Chief Executives (SOLACE)
- Local Government Association
- Doncaster Council
- Northern Power Women
- North West Employers
- High Rise Communications
- Wigan and Oldham Councils
Media and Press Enquiries
This event is supported by High Rise Communications.
For media and press enquiries please contact Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org